Monday, September 28, 2015

Plumming Mod

One more minor project completed. A simple reroute in the utility bay, but one that should make life a little simpler, and I'm all about simplicity while traveling. This one I picked up from a fellow fulltimer in Carthage MO. thanks Jack. Like most RVers, I have a Y hose connector at the faucet which makes it handy to connect the second hose for flushing out the black tank. With this simple mod, I moved the Y connector to inside the utility bay with a quick connect on the main incoming water side. The two outlets run to the water filter then into the rig, the other runs straight to the black tank flush. Now when flushing the black tank, I just close the fresh water inlet side and open the tank flush side on the Y. Again a simple but handy trick I picked up from a fellow Fulltimer. Just thought I'd share this with you folks, so, until next time..............

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! A simple idea to make things easier. :c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good trick but just make certain to have a check valve going to the black tank after the "Y". You don't want contaminated water backing up into your fresh water supply.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete