Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Goo Gone and Heading Out

As you may remember from our last post, I was working on removing the faded and cracking stripes from the motorhome. Well, working between the rains and a little trial and error, I finally have all the stripes off as well as the sticky residue they leave behind. It took a bit longer than planned, but that's ok (what else I'm I doing). I did leave some of the better looking stripes on, they will be primed and painted over. We decided to keep as close to the original colors as possible, which are dark green and copper colors. Now it's just a matter of finding someplace (non windy) to tape and paint, this may take a while, but eventually we will run across just the right place to get it done.

Our RV guy is still working on getting new jacks for the rig. It seems the brand of jacks we currently have, decided to go out of business or sold out to another company. Anyway, they would have to be special made. So, we maybe looking at a whole new system, depending on the cost comparison and what our warranty company will cover, so stay tuned.

Today (Tuesday) is our last day here at Tinker (OKC), for the next week we will be out at the family farm in SW Kansas doing some much needed repair work on the house. After that, back here for a couple of days for a medical appointment, then off to East Oklahoma for a family camp out.

While we have been here, Sheryl was able to get a pain management procedure done on her back (the last one lasted almost a year) and she was doing great until a couple of days later. Sheryl being as graceful as she is, managed to fall off the bed, landing on her tailbone and procedure site hard. So her tail bone maybe fractured or at least deeply bruised, so shes pretty darn sore and trying to recover, as there is nothing that can can be done for it, except to heal over time.

So, that's all the news that's fit to print for now and we'll see you next time from SW Kansas..................

Friday, April 3, 2015

A Project and an Issue

 First, the Project and a self inflicted one may I say. We have decided to remove our old, faded and cracking vinyl stripes from the motorhome and repaint them on. They are looking pretty rough and it's really making the motorhome look bad. We looked into having it done, but re-stripeing and or painting is in the several thousand dollar range and that is just a bit cost prohibitive. Especially when we don't know if we are going to trade her in before long or not.

 I got the idea from a gentleman that came through the park last year when we were here. He had done a DIY job on his coach and it turned out pretty good. He stripped of the old stripes, taped the shadows and painted them back on, all using products from Auto Zone.

 So, I'm giving a whirl, heck for about 100.00 and a little bit of elbow grease (I'm retired, what else am I doing) we'll hopefully have a much better looking rig before long. Oh and if it turns out bad, I can always strip the paint off and go from there. Most anything will look better than it is now. So wish me luck!!!

Second is a non-self inflicted issue (dang it). Seems during last weeks storms (while we were in the Tornado Shelter) a nice gust of wind can along, unfurled the awning and gave it a nice rip right at the metal cover. There is also a small rip at the other end, as well as a broken locking pin on the one arm. Of course, I found this out the other day when I went to put the awning out. Looks like a call to the insurance company and my RV guy to see what can be done.
Not a lot of sight seeing going on, just staying busy with projects and doctor appointments. I'll keep the blog up dated with how the paint job comes along. Next step will be to remove the left over adhesive on the rig.
So, until next time.................................