Saturday, November 23, 2013

St Michael Cemetery, one of the Oldest in Florida.

 Yesterday was a day of just hanging out and resting (pardon the pun to the subject matter....lol) so as Sheryl was resting, I took a trip down to check out a local Photo Shop. After looking around a bit and chatting with the owner, it was time to head back to the house. As I was leaving the shop, I noticed this old cemetery just down the street, so I thought I'd have a look around. I grabbed my camera and was looking from outside the fence when I noticed an information kiosk inside. I found a gate and went in, once at the kiosk, I found the cemetery was set up for visitors and is actually one of the oldest established cemetery's in Florida.
Now some may say taking pictures at a cemetery is morbid, however as long as you are respectful to the grounds and the photos being taken, then as far as I'm concerned, it's ok. Besides, you just don't see cemetery's this ornate anymore, unless of course it's in a very well to do area.
So, I'll leave you with a few shots...............






You probably noticed they are all in B&W, something about a cemetery, they just seem to lend themselves to be photographed that way. Hope you enjoyed the shots and we'll see you back here soon.

2 comments: