Saturday, August 3, 2013

Outside Fridge and Graphics

 I've been wanting to install a small refrigerator in one of the outside compartment of the motorhome for sometime now, however I've been to cheap to pay the price for a new one. As luck would have it, we stopped by the thrift store here on Tinker AFB and low and behold, there was a nice shinny dorm fridge that someone had just brought in. Of course I'm usually skeptical about buying electrical items from thrift shops, as they have a no return policy. So I chatted with the ladies there and they found a plug to see if it works. Since I wasn't expecting buy anything this day, I needed to run out to get some cash, they said they'd hold it for me and by then it should be cold enough to know that it's working ok. I returned with cash in hand, checked out the fridge which was already forming ice inside, so it was working fine. I returned back to the rig with my new found bounty. I cleared out one of the smaller compartments, put together a base with some scrap wood I had and she fit in there like a glove. So, now when were enjoying the great outdoors there's always an ice cold beverage close at hand.........ahhhhhhh.

Another project that has been driving us crazy is the stripes on our motorhome. In places they are looking alittle rough and faded. We have tried most everything to help bring them back to life, but to no avail. Then one day I had a though (I know that's dangerous) the graphic's are made of vinyl, just like most car interiors, so I grabbed some Armor All wipes we had and gave them a shot. Well, to our surprise they actually did a pretty good job at bringing the color and shine back out. Of course nothing like new but much better than before. The picture is not that great, but you get the idea. So if you are looking to bring the vinyl stripes on your rig back to life, give the Armor All wipes a try.

That was two more projects we accomplished while sitting for so long, with a few more to go, so stay tuned and we'll see you back here soon.

1 comment: