Wednesday, July 31, 2013

New A/C Filters

Since we'll be hanging out in OKC for a bit and there's really not a whole lot going on here that we haven't already seen, I thought I'd post some mods I had done during my time away from the blog. I'll do a different entry for each one, that will keep me entertained and you on the edge of your seat (ok, maybe not)...lol

I got this Idea from a fellow blogger, whose wife has allergies also, so, I thought why not, it just may help Sheryl out a bit. First off, I hate those little foam things they call filters in RV A/C units, they are just to flimsy and seem to get sucked up and out of shape pretty quickly. Anyway, I went to Lowes and found a size adjustable reusable residential A/C filter, said to filter out 90+% of the yuck and allergens in the air. They come in different sizes, so I pick the one I knew I could get two filters from. Sorry I don't have pictures of the box and frame, but they are easy to spot. Once you get the filter home, remove it from the packaging, frame and cut the filter to your needed size. One thing you will notice is, the filter has a plastic flow through cover on each side to stabilize the filter itself. I had Sheryl sew all sides of the filter so it would stay together nicely. Next check the packaging for the proper air flow direction and replace your foam thing with the new one. We've had ours in for a couple of months now and they seem to be doing there job just fine. They are also easy to clean with the hose outside.

Ok, that was short and sweet, stay tuned for our next mod, or real post which ever comes first.

1 comment:

  1. Just a note to thank you for the a/c filter tip. I'm definitely going to do this for my rig. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete