Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Lakeside

 I was pleasantly surprised the other day, when I looked out the Motorhome's front window and noticed a remote control sailboat on the lake. This is unusual, as there is normally just fishermen around it. It was pretty cool to watch the gentelmen guide the little boat around the lake. An added bonus was, I finally understood how you can sail a boat against the wind, something I could never really grasp until today. As I was watching the boat, a K-9 Officer happened by and stopped to watch for a minute and the shot was captured.

Last night, while watching the news, there was a story of Jupiter being visible and right next to the moon. I went outside and sure enough there it was looking like a bright shiny star right next to the moon. I got the camera out and tried to capture it. Well my Tripod (so I've noticed lately) is not very good and is not as steady as it should be. The shots of the moon and Jupiter turned out blurry and with a shadow, so not very good. Since I had the camera out and mounted, I thought I'd walk out to the dock and get a couple of night shots of the new hospital just across the parks lake. Turned out pretty good, but I need to work on long exposures a bit more, maybe when it warms up a little more, too cold just to hang around outside at night.

Just another couple days in the life, lovin it as we do.

1 comment:

  1. Thought the K-9 was going to sniff the sailboat for illegal drugs... ;c)

    ReplyDelete