Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Atchafalaya National Wildlife Refuge, Louisiana

 It's been kinda slow around here this last week waiting for baby to come. Mostly just day to day life and Sheryl still trying to recover from the stomach bug we caught down in Texas. So, instead of telling you how much laundry we did or what we had for dinner each night, I thought I'd post a few shots of my venture out to the Atchafalaya NWR while we were in Louisiana. The Atchafalaya NWR is approximately 15,000 acres of wetlands, just off I-10, west of Baton Rouge (think, the 22 mile bridge) Now since it's a wildlife refuge and swamp, roads are few and far between and I only had a couple of hours. This area would be much better explored by boat.

 Bayou

 Cajun Living

 Wet Bridge

 Fog on the Atchafalaya

 Critter Track

 River Fog

Foot Bridge

Hope you enjoyed the shots, it was a cold, rainy day. I had been cooped up in the RV for several days, between he ice storm in Pensacola and the days of rain we had in Louisiana, I just had to get out, even if just for a little bit. The swamp is a beautiful and unique place and well worth a visit. Of course it's best seen by boat, so if you happen to be in cajun country, grab a guide and head out into this vast wetland, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment