Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Goo Gone and Heading Out

As you may remember from our last post, I was working on removing the faded and cracking stripes from the motorhome. Well, working between the rains and a little trial and error, I finally have all the stripes off as well as the sticky residue they leave behind. It took a bit longer than planned, but that's ok (what else I'm I doing). I did leave some of the better looking stripes on, they will be primed and painted over. We decided to keep as close to the original colors as possible, which are dark green and copper colors. Now it's just a matter of finding someplace (non windy) to tape and paint, this may take a while, but eventually we will run across just the right place to get it done.

Our RV guy is still working on getting new jacks for the rig. It seems the brand of jacks we currently have, decided to go out of business or sold out to another company. Anyway, they would have to be special made. So, we maybe looking at a whole new system, depending on the cost comparison and what our warranty company will cover, so stay tuned.

Today (Tuesday) is our last day here at Tinker (OKC), for the next week we will be out at the family farm in SW Kansas doing some much needed repair work on the house. After that, back here for a couple of days for a medical appointment, then off to East Oklahoma for a family camp out.

While we have been here, Sheryl was able to get a pain management procedure done on her back (the last one lasted almost a year) and she was doing great until a couple of days later. Sheryl being as graceful as she is, managed to fall off the bed, landing on her tailbone and procedure site hard. So her tail bone maybe fractured or at least deeply bruised, so shes pretty darn sore and trying to recover, as there is nothing that can can be done for it, except to heal over time.

So, that's all the news that's fit to print for now and we'll see you next time from SW Kansas..................


  1. I don't wish Tailbone injuries on anyone. I've had three and the average is about two years for the sensitivity to totally disappear.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    1. Lets hope it's much sooner than that. This is her second, the first one she said took 6 weeks.